Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Shepherd, A Monkey, and a Gingerbread Boy

On Saturday (December 5), Fairbury had its annual Christmas parade. We haven't gone to it for a very long time but this year was different. I not only got to go to it, but I was in it!! Fairview Haven also handed out popcorn and hot chocolate, so it was a busy morning for many of us. 


The popcorn and hot chocolate were a big hit!

waiting for the parade to start 


It took a long time for the parade to start- at least that is what it felt like for me - and I was getting very cold until someone brought me hot chocolate. It was good!







There were a lot of neat floats this year. But the best part was driving past Mom, Marcus, and Faith.
They were so excited to see me! And I waved so hard that I almost fell off the float!! 
(Dad, would you have missed me if I had??!) 


Can you see me? I am a shepherd, way over on the other side. 





I loved being in the parade - this was my first time but I still like it. I hope I can be in it again! (even if it was kind of chilly).

Three days later, I got to do gingerbread houses at Fairview Haven with Mom, Lily, lots of other kids, and some residents, too! I had my very own house this year!!



I loved it!! I could have decorated happily for three hours! But everyone else got theirs done so fast! Pretty soon, it was just Lily and me left. But we still kept decorating a little longer. 


I don't think I ate as much as I did my first year because this year we are on the eight week challenge, and no matter what I asked Mom about, it was all sweets! 



 Then last Saturday was another very good day because I got cake and presents for my birthday.



Why I had a monkey cake was because I am one! 


It's not quite my birthday, but since Grandpa and Grandma were there, we celebrated anyway. 

 

Jordan and Cambria were there too. 


I hoped that I would get presents and I did not know that I would actually get what I wanted- even a new suit!


Earlier this fall, I got my own bed. I like it because it also has a nice space under it where I can rest when Mommy tells me to. I got this nice brown pillow for my birthday and the book I am reading. Do you see all the monkeys?

Pretty soon I really will be six! -Kenan

No comments:

Post a Comment